Top Toll Free Numbers = Top Ranking Companies
Toll-Free 1-800 Phone Numbers and the Fortune 500 Companies that use them!
Advertising is all around us almost all the time. Where ever you go you are likely to see advertisements attempting to draw you to the conclusion that their products are the best. While there is no shortage of advertising techniques, one seems to stick out from all the rest: The use of Toll Free Numbers.
- Will your advertisements give your customers a platform to remember you?
- What’s the point of having great products if your customers can’t get a hold of you to buy them?
One of the best tools to use in advertising is a toll free number that’s easy to remember. Whether your ads are on television, billboards, or business cards you want a good number that your customers positively associate with you.
Take some of the highest ranking companies on Fortune’s 500 list. Verizon Communications is ranked at number twelve whereas their competitors are ranked amazingly lower:
- Verizon is Fortune 12
- Sprint in Fortune 50’s,
- AT&T around Fortune 120,
- and Nextel near Fortune 200!
Why the huge difference?It could be due to the fact that Verizon Communications uses a customized toll free number, 1-800-Pick-DSL, while competitors use increasingly harder to remember numbers :
- Verizon: 1-800-Pick-DSL
- Sprint: 1-800-877-8000
- AT&T: 1-800-888-7600
- Nextel: 1-800-639-6111
You can see why they are each ranked lower and lower on Fortune’s list of financially successful companies. Toyota has an easy to remember custom number as well: 1-800-4-My-Toyota. You can’t forget that as easily as Ford’s toll free 800-392-3673. As of November 2005, Toyota is ranked higher than Ford on the Fortune 500 list.
A Positive Message in your Number Makes for Success!
Customized numbers should convey a positive meaning to their audience as well as being easy to remember. Everyone has heard of UPS, Fedex and DHL. So why is UPS ranked 55 on Fortune’s 500 list, while Fedex is ranked 78, and DHL even lower? It could be the positive message UPS sends out with their toll free number 1-800-Pick-UPS opposed to Fedex’s toll free 1-800-Go-Fedex. Yes, both are well thought of numbers with great customization, but if you want to get down to the meaning of each number “Pick UPS” sends out a very positive message to their consumers while “Go Fedex” has the less positive term “go” possibly causing their potential customers to subconsciously not remember or want to use the number. You may think this is trivial but it is more common than you think. 1-800-Call-DHL is, again, a good customized number, but it still does not stand up to UPS’s positively brilliant use of words.
The world is a competitive marketplace and in order to get your own business in a highly ranked position you have to take all the necessary steps. Best of all, the necessary steps don’t have to cost you a fortune!
Here are other Top Fortune companies that use Toll Free Numbers. Analyze which numbers are most memorable to you or your target market and decide for yourself what type of phone number is going to work best for you.
- 1 Wal-Mart 800-966-6546
- 2 Exxon Mobile 877-MY-Exxon – 866-My-Mobil
- 3 General Motors 800-GMC-8782
- 4 Ford Motors 800-392-3673
- 5 General Electric 800-626-2005
- 6 Chevron Texaco 800-962-1223
- 8 Citigroup 877-7-Redeem
- 11 Hewlett-Packard 800-HP-Invent
- 13 Home Depot 800-553-3199
- 14 Verizon Communications 800-621-9900
- 18 Bank of America 800-622-8731
- 19 State Farm Insurance 877-SF4-Bank
- 24 Pfizer 800-Try-First
- 26 Proctor and Gamble 800-832-3012
- 27 Target 800-440-0680
- 29 Costco Wholesale 800-774-2678
- 30 Johnson and Johnson 800-494-4855
- 32 Time Warner (AOL) 800-827-6364
- 33 SBC Communications 866-SBC-Dial
- 35 Albertson’s 877-932-7948
- 38 Walgreen Company 877-250-5823
- 41 Microsoft Corp 800-Microsoft
- 43 Lowe’s 800-445-6937
- 45 Sears, Roebuck and Co 800-349-4358
- 46 Safeway Inc 877-Safeway
- 52 Wells Fargo and Co 800-869-3557
- 54 The Walt Disney Company 800-749-3573
- 55 CVS Corp 888-607-4287
- 56 AT&T Corp 800-222-0400
- 60 SYSCO Corp 800-827-3411
- 66 Dupont 800-228-2558
- 72 Tyson Foods 800-424-4253
- 74 JC Penny 800-322-1189
- 77 Best Buy 888-Best-Buy
- 78 FedEx Corp 800-GoFedEx
- 92 Coca-Cola Company 866-776-6610
- 105 3M Company 888-3M-Helps
- 114 Sara Lee Corp 800-323-7117
- 116 McDonalds Corp 800-244-6227
- 120 GoodYear 800-387-3288
- 122 Cigna 800-Cigna-24
- 128 Rite Aid Corp 800-Rite-Aid
- 130 Gap, Inc 800-Gap-Style
- 132 Xerox Corp 800-Ask-Xerox
- 135 Kimberly-Clark Corp 888-525-8388
- 138 Delta Airlines Inc 888-750-3284
- 139 Anheuser-Busch Company 800-Dial-Bud
- 146 Staples 800-3-Staple
- 152 Eli Lilly and Co 800-Lilly-RX
- 154 Qwest Communications 800-860-1020
- AOL 1-800-349-1945
- MSN 1-800-494-2962
- Yellow Pages 1-800-Y-B-Yellow
- Yahoo 1-800-318-0870
- American Airlines 1-800-433-7300
- eBay 1-800-322-9266
- Comcast 1-800-COMCAST
- SBC 1-866-WorkSBC more
- Delta Airlines 1-800-221-1212
- United Airline 1-800-241-6522
- Bank of America 1-800-622-8731 more
- Dell 1-800-915-DELL
- Southwest Airline 1-800-435-9792
- IRS 1-800-829-1040
- Unlisted search >>
- Reverse Directory search >>
- Reverse search >>
If you need an easy to remember 1-800 phone number for your business, call Tollfreenumber.ORG today — We can help!